5 ways to have a positive impact on your interactions with other people
- Connect with someone new this week – It could be starting a short conversation with a stranger and a smile (with your eyes if you’re wearing a mask), or reaching out to a friend or family member.
- Pay it forward – Have you ever been the lucky recipient in a coffee line of a stranger paying for your order before you get to the window? You act doesn’t have to be paying for someone else’s food or drink, it could be donating need food or clothing, or using lessons you have learned to help others through their current situation.
- Read an article – Take the time to read an article that expands your thinking. It could be an article that challenges your viewpoint or broadens your thoughts on a specific topic of your choice.
- Recognize your biases – We all develop personal biases throughout our lives about the world around us, it’s important to recognize those biases. It could be that cranky co-worker who might just benefit from a friendly smile or offer of your help.
- Stress is ok – Know that it is okay if you are feeling stressed, anxious and overwhelmed with everything going on in the world today. Talk to someone else about what you’re feeling, you may be surprised to find out they are feeling the same way, and you don’t have to feel so alone.
What is one thing that you can do today, to help someone’s day? You may just find helping someone else, brightens your day as well!